Boerum Hill Association
WHO WE ARE: An all-volunteer organization of residents that strives to confidently represent the interests of our neighbors. We seek to preserve and enhance the unique qualities of our neighborhood through advocacy, education and community building.
WHAT WE DO: We plan public forums on important community issues, initiate public safety measures and engage in proactive community planning. We support development that is consistent with the neighborhood’s character, landmark architectural heritage and diversity here as well as throughout Brooklyn.
OUR 2013 ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Celebrated the re-opening of the 16 Sycamores Playground after extensive renovations. Nearly $1 million dollars from Borough Hall and the Parks Department went into this project initiated by our board members.
- Worked with the Department of Transportation and Council Member Levin’s office to launch Brooklyn’s first Neighborhood Slow Zone.
- We teamed up with the YWCA for our first free Tree Give-Away program in May. We thank the New York Restoration Project for conducting this program.
- As part of BrooklynSpeaks we continue to monitor quality of life issues from the Atlantic Yards project. We continue to ask for a governance structure over this important project as we press for modifications to this development.
- We worked with the PS 38 PTA to re-open its library and outfit a classroom as a dance studio. We also support PS 261 and MS 447 as well as the Gowanus in Unity Tutoring project.
- We’ve held General Meetings on topics such as traffic, greening and quality of life issues.
- We’ve given grants to our public schools, the Gowanus in Unity Tutoring Program and the Night Against Crime.
- We’ve continued the great tradition of the Annual Pot Luck Holiday Party.
- And more!
IN 2014, LOOK FOR:
- The Boerum Hill House Tour, our biennial Fundraiser.
Please become a Supporter today! JOIN US!
The BHA provides you with a voice on issues that affect us all. We act as a liaison between you and our elected officials and city agencies. The money you contribute makes all this possible. Just fill out the attached form and join us today!
If you use PayPal, send your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your support.