Preservation Education Program for Brooklyn Residents
Sponsored by:Â Weeksville Heritage Center
February 2006-May 2006 (Saturdays)Â at the Historic Hunterfly Road Houses
1698 Bergen Street, Brooklyn, NY 11213
- Share the history of Weeksville and the self-sufficient African American community that thrived in present-day Crown Heights.
- Learn concepts of historic preservation and conservation, encouraging appreciation and restoration of the historic/architectural treasures within Brooklyn.
- The Weeksville site will provide a rich learning foundation.
- Meet artisans, preservation architects, and historians who will provide tangible information.
Activities will include
- Stained Glass Restoration
- Brownstone Restoration
- Architectural History of a particular neighborhood
- What is the History of My Home?
For more information about cost & schedule:
call 718-756-5250 /Â firstname.lastname@example.org /Â email@example.com